Sunday, January 27, 2008

My daily attempt to resurrect Hip Hop: Doug E. Fresh & The Get Fresh Crew - "Keep Rising To The Top"

Keep Rising To The Top - Doug E. Fresh & The Get Fresh Crew

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Not to tug on anyone's emotional heartstrings here, but I get the sneaking suspicion that I will go through my entire life without ever knowing what it feels like to gleefully jump a broom with my soul-mate - and it has nothing to do with my addiction to strippers and emotionless sex against my muscle-car either. I just think, before I get on one knee to propose to the love of my life, or I have some waiter figure out a n innovative way to fit an overpriced ring into a fortune cookie - I'm certain that I will scare her off with my Hip Hop idiosyncrasies. For example, every time I've ever been to an "all you can eat" buffet - I flashback to the Fat Boys in the movie "Krush Groove" and start pointing at food while beat-boxing: "Give me a poo-poo-pat-poo-poo-poo-pat, and a poo-hahahahaha-poo-poo" Every time I hear Big Daddy Kane's "Set it off", regardless where I'm at - when he gets to the part where he says "..so lets all sing the Big daddy anthem", I put my hand on my heart and stand at attention for the remainder of the song. Thanks to this Doug E Fresh video, every time I'm in a dance club I find myself doing his signature "hand-swipe around the head" move - and you better believe when I give someone a pound, I yell out "Shalom"

4 comments:

The Bear Maiden said...

"Memories... light the corners of my mind......"

The Jaded NYer said...

Damn, man, you really took it back with this one...

DJ Diva The Mixtress said...

Come Check out my Old School Mix!

hottnikz said...

this is exactly why i love your blog