Monday, November 20, 2006

HumanityCritic's Myspace "Find of the Week": Sha-Rock of Funky 4+1

Despite the fact that I'm the only member of a myspace group that I started entitled, "The Chubby Pre-Ejaculators Support Group", I really do love myspace. I mean, not only can you get reacquainted with booty call ass of years past and get them to come over for 7 minutes of unadulterated untamed passion, you can also do fun things like tell a band how much they sound like "constipated turkey's with instruments", and you can harass a specific ex-girlfriend who once left you for a guy who turned out to be a homosexual drug addict by leaving cryptic messages like "How's that working out exactly??!!" But the one thing that I love the most about myspace is how you can connect with artists that you respect immensely, especially artists who have been out of the limelight for a few years.

My "Find of the Week" is Sha-Rock of the legendary group "Funky Four plus One".(members include Keith Keith, Sha Rock, KK Rockwell , Rahiem ,Jazzy Jeff, and , Lil' Rodney Cee later on.) Listen, I know that people want to pull "Blondie" out of their ass whenever they get the opportunity to, but Sha-Rock was the first legitimate female MC that I ever heard, a woman that I feel was years ahead of her time. I think that before a female rapper is allowed to sign her record contract nowadays she should be forced to recite Sha-Rock's verse on "That's the Joint" and "Do you wanna rock" verbatim. Funky four plus one was formed in 1979, was obviously the first crew to have a female member, and was the first rap act to perform on Saturday Night Live. In this age of incompetent journalism where sub-par scribes try to get you to like the "Dipset" or have the nerve to put a couple of dead guys ahead of the pure lyricism of Rakim, Sha-Rock is definitely a legend who deserves the ultimate respect. Oh, by the way, she was my myspace friend before she was yours!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shirts with the iron on felt letters... alas the days of my youth.

Anonymous said...

The shirts with the iron on felt letters... alas the days of my youth.