Thursday, November 11, 2004

Eloquent ways to say "fuck you!" on a track: My favorite diss records..

From as long as I can remember, I have been a fan of the age old diss track. Some people love them because they say diss tracks are a essential part of hip hop history and display the competitive spirit of the genre. Some people hate diss tracks because they feel that they perpetuate everything negative about hip hop.(i.e bragging, inciting violence, ect.) Personally I love them because they are usually straight to the point, mean spirited, and it tests the true skills of your favorite MC. Here are a few of my favorites..

Artist: Boogie Down Productions
Song: The Bridge Is Over
Target:Juice Crew(MC Shan, Roxanne Shante, Marley Marl)
Classic lines:"Because Shan and Marley Marl dem-a-rhymin like they gayPickin up the mic, mon, dem don't know what to saySayin that hip-hop started out in QueensbridgeSayin lies like that, mon, you know dem can't live"

"I finally figured it out, Magic mouth is used for suckinRoxanne Shante is only good for steady fuckin""What's the matter with your MC, Marley Marl?Don't know you know that he's out of touch,What's the matter with your DJ, MC Shan?On the wheels of steel Marlon sucks"

Song: Shut The Eff Up!(Hoe)
Artist: MC Lyte
Target: Antoinette
Classic line:"Step back, let the Lyte shineDo not say shit till you write your own rhyme"

Song: Second Round K.O
Artist: Cannibus
Target: LL Cool J
Classic lines:

"I studied your background, read the book that you wrote/Researched your footnotes, bout how you used to sniff coke"

"You walk around showin off your body cause it sells/Plus to avoid the fact that you ain't got skills/Mad at me cause I kick that shit real niggaz feel/While 99% of your fans wear high heels"

"And if you really want to show off, we can get it on/Live in front of the cameras on your own sitcom/I'll let you kick a verse, fuck it, I'll let you kick em all/I'll even wait for the studio audience to applaud/ [cheers]Now watch me rip the tat from your arm/Kick you in the groin, stick you for your Vanguard award/In front of your mom your 1st, 2nd and 3rd born/Make your wife get on the horn call Minister Farrakhan"

Song: Ether
Artist: Nas
Target: Jay-Z
Classic lines:
"Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy?/Oh, I get it, you Biggie and he's Puffy/Rockafeller died of AIDS, that was the end of his chapter/And that's the guy y'all chose to name your company after?"

"You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan/I still whip your ass, you thirty-six in a karate class"

"So little shorty's gettin gunned up and clapped quick/How much of Biggie's rhymes is gon' come out your fat lips?"

Song: No Vaseline
Artist: Ice Cube
Target: N.W.A
Classic lines:
"First you was down with the AK,and now I see you on a video with Michel'le?"

"But if they were smart as me,Eazy E would be hangin' from a tree./With no vaseline, just a match and a little bit of gasoline./Light 'em up, burn 'em up, flame on...till that Jheri curl is gone."

Song: "The Bitch in yoo"
Artist: Common
Target: Ice Cube, W.C, Mack 10
Classic lines:
"Now what the fuck I look like dissing a whole coast/You ain't made shit dope since AmeriKKKa's Most""Hyprocrite, I'm filling out your Death Certificate/Slanging bean pies and St Ide's in the same sentence""Rap career is over, better off actingWhat trouble I see, you're managing WC and Wack 10"

2 comments:

Waset - writer.truthseeker.part-time security guard said...

I was gonna get after you if you didn't have Cube's No Vaseline on there, but here's the line that made it all worth it...

"So don't front, MC Ren cause I remember when you drove a B-210. Broke as a mothafucken joke - let you on the scene to back up the first team."

BLESSD1 said...

You know what's funny? B/c of LL's continued commercial success, people are STILL saying that LL beat Canibus in that battle? Are they ill? The shit that Canibus spit on 2nd Round KO was sicker than syphillis? Good post.

Excelsior